Creation, Separation, Redemption, Transformation, Completion
INTRO – What does Jesus mean to my life today?
- 1.1 Crown – God is the I AM. He is how and why we live.
- 1.2 World – Goodness exists because God is good and made good.
- 1.3 Heart – humanity is made in God’s image. We exist to give and receive appropriate love.
- 1.4 CREATION SUMMARY – God is the source of all good. (James 1:17)
- 2.1 Heart and world upside down – We wanted more than good, we wanted to know evil too; and now we do.
- 2.2 Arrows from heart toward world – Our God given desire for worship is now naturally directed toward the creation instead of the creator. (Romans 1:18ff)
- 2.3 Question mark in cloud – The creation consumes our corrupt horizon and we can no longer see God.
- 2.4 SEPARATION SUMMARY – our sins of misplaced loyalty have separated us from our God.
- 3.1 Arrow down and in and good heart – God promised salvation and came personally to deliver it.
- 3.2 Cross and down heart – Christ took our failures as if they were his own
- 3.3 Heart with cross and arrow up and out – Good is greater than evil.
- 3.4 REDEMPTION SUMMARY – Philippians 2:5-11
- 4.1 Heart with cross and world with upside down arrow – in Christ we are made right relationally, but we are still part of an upside down world.
- 4.2 Dotted crown in cloud – we know in part, not in full
- 4.3 Arrows back, forward and up from heart – faith is looking back, hope is looking forward and love is what we do now in light of faith and hope.
- 4.4 TRANSFORMATION SUMMARY – Colossians 1:29
- 5.1 World and heart upside right – everything will be made right (Rev. 21)
- 5.2 Crown up top – God will be all in all
- 5.3 Highlight cross inside of heart – we were good and naïve, then we will be good and wise
- 5.4 COMPLETION SUMMARY – wise love is the purpose of history, for the world and for me.
CONCLUSION – Since maturity in Christ is The Story. I want it to be mine.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)