Matthew 7:13-29 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. (14) For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
Acts 9:1-2 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest (2) and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
WHAT IS THE WAY? WHERE DOES IT LEAD? WHY IS IT VAGUE? WHAT IS THE MAIN POINT IN LIGHT OF THE REST OF THE SERMON?
- WAY – HOW TO LIVE A BLESSED LIFE.
WHERE IS THAT LIFE? – THE KINGDOM, LIVING WITH GOD EFFECTIVELY IN CHARGE OF YOUR CHARACTER
IT IS VAGUE ABOUT SAVED/WORKS ETC. BECAUSE YOUR CHALLENGE IS NOT AFFECTED BY THOSE DETAILS.
WHAT IS YOUR CHALLENGE? GROW IN REALITY, NOT DELUSION.
RIGHTEOUSNESS (TRUSTING AND OBEYING GOD GRATEFULLY), IS PAINFUL IN THIS FALLEN WORLD.
OK the WAY is what I want. Any advice other than pay attention?
Yes, don’t get tricked. Guides are people who have actually learned to live in God such they have righteousness, the real treasure, not image and hype (and Stuff), fake treasures.
- how to know them: do they actually have character?? Appearances, even Jesus! signs is not the direct point. You don’t need power for power sake, you need character.
(15) “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. (16) You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? (17) So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. (18) A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. (19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. (20) Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
(21) “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (22) On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ (23) And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
(Psalms 6:1-10)To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments; according to The Sheminith. A Psalm of David. O LORD, rebuke me not in your anger, nor discipline me in your wrath. Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am languishing; heal me, O LORD, for my bones are troubled. My soul also is greatly troubled. But you, O LORD–how long? Turn, O LORD, deliver my life; save me for the sake of your steadfast love. For in death there is no remembrance of you; in Sheol who will give you praise? I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears; I drench my couch with my weeping. My eye wastes away because of grief; it grows weak because of all my foes. Depart from me, all you workers of evil, for the LORD has heard the sound of my weeping. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD accepts my prayer. All my enemies shall be ashamed and greatly troubled; they shall turn back and be put to shame in a moment. (Psalms 6:1-10)
Character is from the inside out. If is foundational. It is based on reality. God is our source of existence. We must be immersed in the I AM.
(24) “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. (25) And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. (26) And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. (27) And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.” (28) And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, (29) for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.