My doctor asked me what did I do so differently this time. Indeed, I did things very differently throughout this period of waiting on the L.
Just thought I should to share to encourage those who might be going through trials and suffering and seeking for relief. I believe the principles are the same. But the practical application of course is personal with the L.
One key verse:
JC: “Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God”
- It’s clear to me that only His word could sustain and revive me. Hearing God every step of the way was key for me.
- But without discarding what I must do in the natural – taking the medicine my doc prescribed; eat more fruits and veg (advise from our doc friend who led the example); and taking vitamins supplement etc as the L provides.
The L then impressed upon my heart that this flare was His design. Not only that the L knows and allows, it is from Him!
His purpose is:
1. To Pay Attention to Him and His Word
Job 36:15, “But by means of their suffering, he rescues those who suffer. For He gets their attention through adversity.”
Ps 119:71, “My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees”
2. To Discipline me
Job 33:19-20 “God disciplines people with pain on their sickbeds, with ceaseless aching in their bones.20 They lose their appetite for even the most delicious food.”
This perfectly described what happened to me in the earlier stage. I lost appetite for food.
3. To Protect me from Ultimate Destruction
Job 36:16, “God is leading you away from danger, Job, to a place free from distress. He is setting your table with the best food.
Job 33:17 “He makes them turn from doing wrong; he keeps them from pride”. (NLT
In Two Phases:
Phase One: Is 50:4
“The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning,
He awakens my ear
To hear as the learned”
- For the past 6 weeks, I would ‘automatically’ wake up, read and mediate on His word
- Systematically reading through Job; the Minor Prophets; the epistles NT. And the Gospels.
- The L pointed out 6 wrong things He is dealing with in my inner life. And many right things I should do but have neglected.
Phase Two: James 5:14,15
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
- On the eve of the medical consultation, I asked my leaders, Dr Tan and Dr Isaiah, to pray over me.
“The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning,
He awakens my ear
to hear as the learned”
- The L willing, He would use my experience to encourage those who are going through trials and sufferings.
- Yes, it is without doubt that our L can heal immediately, but when He chooses otherwise, it is simply because he wants to draw us into His sweet presence.
4 The one thing I ask of the Lord—
the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord’s perfections
and meditating in his Temple.
5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
he will hide me in his sanctuary.
He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
6 Then I will hold my head high
above my enemies who surround me.
At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
singing and praising the Lord with music.